Saturday, February 15, 2014

The bank

Yep.  I ran out of checks right at time when my mortgage and boat payments are due.  I bank with Bank of America and my loans are with United Bank.  So...my lunch break yesterday involved me going to Bank of America after talking to United Bank.  United wouldn't take a payment over the phone and said counter check would be the best way and cheapest way to move on this...and yes, the payments were due yesterday.  DUE yesterday.  I'm the worst procrastinator on the planet.  

Got to the Bank of America at 1pm.  Stood in line behind 8 people.  There were four tellers.  After waiting for what seemed like forever...as I stare at the tellers behind the bullet proof glass...I finally get to my turn.  I tell the teller I need two counter checks. "We don't do counter checks."  Um, okay, "so what do I do.  My payments are due today with another bank and my checks aren't here yet..." (thanks snow)

Well, we can do some cashier's checks.  I need to know them amounts of each check and we can go from there.  GREAT.  I don't have the exact payments....

I leave my turn and go back to my car to get the payment totals by calling UB.  Go back in and wait behind ten folks.

Why did my easy task turn into a 45 minute process??  really??  So, yes, I guess I will set up an online process so I don't have to deal with this anymore.  

Live and you learn.

No comments: