Wednesday, February 19, 2014

holistic approach...hmmm.

Well I'm still in shock or disbelief...but it worked.

Dr. Gonzalez suggested I irrigate my nose.  Yes, it is true, I haven't made an attempt at it since I got sick on January 21.  Today it is Wednesday, February 18.  Monday, just two days ago, I did the neti pot thing with a saline spray.  I did it Monday night about two or three times.

Tuesday I went to work feeling normal??  Now I had lost the dizziness about a full week ago.  But the tooth pain from the swollen sinuses was so terrible.  The last time Chris (our nurse manager) looked in my ear--she said my ear was bulging and the fluid was very bad.  Only the right ear.  It has always just been the right ear.  At that time she advised me I should probably go to a ENT.  That was last Tuesday.  Then we had to close the job due to Apocalypse Phase II.  We were closed Wednesday and Thursday.  Friday we reopened.  I didn't have time to make an appointment.  The following Monday night, was when I tried the irrigation technique.  Yes, I'm documenting this for myself later.

So, Tuesday I went to work feeling normal??? (Did you notice I added three question marks instead of the above paragraph's first sentence with two question marks--haha, okay I must be tired.)  My teeth didn't hurt.  In fact I didn't realize it until about 10 am but the pressure was much better.

So, I'm thinking to myself--it's time to buy a neti pot??  maybe??  I start researching on the internet and find some really great videos.  Then I happened across this MOST awesome video ever.  I recommend anyone with upper respiratory problems watch this video.  In fact, I will watch it again and take notes.  The video is a presentation that was given to a group of medical practitioners.  Anyway, I watch the HOUR LONG vid and loved it.  At the end of the video he provides a sinus massage and asks the class to participate.  Of course I did.

After the massage, I remember thinking to myself, wow...I feel a little better..nothing major.  Shortly after I went to bed.

When I woke up the following morning...my throat hurt really really really bad.  Oh my gosh.  I have not had a runny nose AT ALL since the first time I got sick on January 21.  Today, my throat hurts.  That means I am draining sinus cavities.  Seriously?????  Is this for real.  So I drove all the way to work, draining away.  I drained ALL DAY long.

I decided, with Liza reminding me:), that I needed to have Chris look at my ears.  Here is the report:  my right ear is no longer draining.  It does have fluid inside it which is still not good HOWEVER, it looks better than last Tuesday.  Coincidence??  It has been a week....

I don't think so though and here is why.  My left ear has NEVER had fluid.  Today, yep, you guessed it, it has some fluid inside.  This is a great sign that I am draining all that darn fluid out of my poor head.  I have not had a headache since Tuesday...my sinuses drained after the tutorial.

I have always been a little skeptical about holistic meds and herbs....but I am sold on this.  I do NOT THINK WITH ONE BONE IN MY BODY that my head started to drain on its own.  I KNOW that massaged moved my sinuses.

Also in the report, did you know that 95 percent of sinusitis cases are caused by fungal and are not viral or bacterial?  I didn't know that (and I hope I didn't misquote that) but that is what I remembered.  This means that antibiotics won't cure most sinus infections.  Wait, or antibiotics will not cure 95 percent of sinusitis cases???  wow.

Chris told me that most doctors do not recommend holistic meds because they know that will not get your money and the FDA wouldn't make as much either...

That is probably true.

All I am saying...I know this worked for me.  It changed my health and I maybe need to look into this more closely if my illness isn't too terrible.  oh, yeah, this illness has been terrible....but I'm saying maybe we should try those methods too--don't mark them off the list just because they haven't been evaluated and approved by the FDA.  Give it a try.  The Native Indians did.  Here is the presentation if you are interested...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZGk6IThfY