Monday, February 9, 2009

The Two-Dollar Bill Lady

So, did you know that Truetts Restaurant in Griffin has buffet breakfast on Saturdays? We didn't but found out and this pregnant lady got her money's worth!!! We got up early to go shopping at Walmart for some fishing gear. Since Jerime bought David's John Boat, we've been getting ready to go out...which involved me getting a fishing pole! But, anyway...we decided to eat at Truetts (aka ChicFilA) for breakfast. We sat down with Thadeus and wondered how well he'd do. When the lady told us there was a buffet, we hopped to it, as any parents would who had a two year old. The quicker the better. We got Thadeus his own plate and enjoyed watching him use his "poon" to gobble down his food. We ate too. It was actually a pretty good buffet. The bacon was great and all you can eat chicken--which you can load onto their mini prepared bisquits. There was also scrambled eggs, gravy, hash brown with onions, and sausage. Thadeus enjoyed watching the choo-choo train go round and round the dining room. Before Thadeus got ill, the sweet little old lady came up to him and said, "Hi, I'm known around here as the Two Dollar Bill Lady." We said hey and sure enough, she gave Thadeus a two dollar bill. Pretty cool. She was sweet. The fun came to an abrupt stop as Thadeus was ready to go. We got all our gear and headed out the door. I thanked the Two Dollar Bill Lady as we left. Now, it's off to Walmart!

4 comments:

Dana said...

YOu are totally making me hungry girl!! I love breakfast food and a buffet at that. YOu just can't beat that. I love the new layout for your blog!!

random mama thoughts said...

Oh thank you!!! I still am learning on Blogger. It is fun but I have to redo my "list" everytime.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Call me next time and I will join you :0) I bet I could out eat your pregnant self at that Buffet! HA maybe we should have an eat off next time I'm down there...Whatda ya say?

random mama thoughts said...

Yes!!! That would be great. We will keep each other posted through facebook. I could even take off work some to catch up!!!