Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's a boy

So how could I have guessed? In 22 family members in four generations, there are 3 girls. Until Lillie was born in 2007, the last girl was born 59 years ago. So, the odds were very low for a girl. I was prepared. I asked Jerime not to go to the doctor with me. Now that he works in Griffin and I in Macon, I decided I could handle this and he can use that extra day after the baby is born. So I asked the Ultrasound Technician to write it down for me and not tell me the sex of the baby during the appointment. I got to watch that pretty little baby stretch its arms and legs on the monitor and I saw the little heart beating away. It really is a miracle. The tech wrote the sex down on a piece of paper, and I sealed the envelope. I could hardly stand it but I was strong and did not look. The doctor said all looks healthy! This is all that matters! That afternoon, after Jerime got off work, he was smiling as he saw me parked just outside his office. He got into the car with me and I know he could see the suspense on my face. He slowly opened the envelope...looked at me and smiled. He tilted the little piece of paper toward me. "It's a boy!!!"



We are so excited. We're getting Thad's new big boy room ready now. Jerime and his dad have been constructing a closet....a fun little project!!!

I'm 21 weeks today! In the not so distant future we will be welcoming that precious little boy into our family. I can hardly wait.

4 comments:

Dana said...

I love how yall found out together!! Such fun. YOu do know that the husband determines the sex of the baby right? It has absolutely nothing to do with your side of the family. WEll that and God;0) Congrats again!!! Can't wait to see the new room done.

The Boys and Me said...

Congratulations! So exciting!

random mama thoughts said...

Hey Dana, Yeah, Iknow....all those tuxes are on Jerime's side. Funny because I have all girls on my side. LOL

The Longnecker Zoo said...

BOY OH BOY! HA...I crack myself up sometimes...just playing. I am thrilled for you. Just to let you know, in Erik's family there hadn't been a girl in OVER 150 years (that's as far as they went back). So we were totally expecting a boy...nope. Isabel came along...then two girls! We broke the tradition now everyone in the Longneckers are having girls. So there are crazy things that can happen! Maybe you should try again after this one ;0)