Monday, February 16, 2009

'Possom

Oh my goodness. Last night we were leaving from our really good friends' house (after some dang good fixins) and I saw the most horrible sight. I know it happens everyday but I witnessed it...and my heart just broke.
We pulled down our street and this car was flying down our road. It is a small road and no one should go that fast. And, somehow, a possom became the poor little victim of road kill. I saw it happen and I screamed when I saw it.
We pulled into the carport and I immediately walked to the edge of the drive way. He wasn't moving and as I watched his lifeless little body, I saw his little friend walk up and stiff him. I felt so badly for that little ugly creature. He had lost his companion.
Ironically we had venison for dinner....hmmmm.

3 comments:

Dana said...

It is never pleasant when you see something like that happen. It makes you a little sick to your stomach!!

random mama thoughts said...

I know. That poor little creature.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Gross. I witnessed my grandparents dog get hit. One of the worst things to see. I am sorry you saw that.