Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Another molar, twins and falling asleep

Well, I know I still have not posted my Hawaii photos. I think I have this dream to have the coolest blog entry of our trip with photos and captions and everything...that is a lot of work! I will do it though, all in due time.

Here are some other cute things that have happened...

We are almost done with the new baby's room. I have hung curtains, painted the chair rail, brought home the furniture, Jerime put the furniture together...it is almost complete. I bought some wall letters and we plan to hang them. I also plan on buying some art work for the new room...mice and boats, a real cute piece of work.

I had confederate memorial day off of work so I decided to take the day for myself. I let Thad continue to daycare to be with his friends and I completed some house chores and left off to pick up the baby furniture from Babies R Us.

I pick up a few needed items from Babies R Us and mosey my way to Customer Service to pick up my order. It took a little while but they brought two of the three pieces out. I think we ordered the largest pieces of furniture that they had because the two ladies running the show were not sure that all three pieces would fit in the Ford F150. Ridiculous, I explained. We bought the very same furniture (different wood finish) two years ago and brought it home then...in that very truck...
Well, the two ladies had to find a male helper who happened to be a scrawny man... about an hour later and after help from some big muscular stranger (thank you Jesus), we got the furniture loaded. I had to go to Home Depot to get some tie downs, and finally started home! I was quite proud of myself and it was a fun adventure.

The room looks great so far, but I can't wait to make the finishing touches.

Twins:
Thadeus has three aunts, two of which are twins. Tiffany took to Thad much more than Heather. Heather is uncomfortable around small babies but Tiffany just grabbed Thad up and baby sat often. So Thad calls Tiffany, "TT," and we refer to her as Aunt TT. Heather came over one night last week to eat dinner since she was by herself and hungry. Mom and Dad were out of town. I said, come on by... Thadeus kept calling her TT and I kept informing him that this was his Aunt Heather, or Heaha. He would say Heaher but a few minutes would go by and it was back to TT. Tiffany works in Barnesville so she stopped by on her way home. I told her that he kept calling Heather TT, which TT just loved. I said, I really don't think he understands that he has twin aunts...because you are never together with him...and let's face it, you look very similar. So, right before bedtime whenTiffany arrived at my house, I asked Tiffany and Heather to stand together so Thad could see. I held him and he looked at them, from one to the other and then he'd look at me. He look back at each one and looked back at me. With the most bewildered look on his face, he looked back at me after looking at both of them again and said, "two" and smiled. It was the cutest thing ever.

We finally have second year molar number three. One more molar to go before we are done.

I wore my stilletto heels to work...not a good idea. My toes look like little smokies, as Jerime would say...or did say. Only 9 weeks to go.

Swine flu or H1N1 is wrapping up at work too. It has been crazy with all the conference calls and updates. I'm ready for that to be over.

And to close, for the first time in his toddler life, Thadeus fell asleep in my arms. It was so great. He has taken a liking to Blues Clues. I could tell he was tired but normally he keeps himself awake and we have to force him to bed; otherwise, he simply would NEVER go to bed. But, tonight he cuddled with his mommy, daddy beside mommy, and he fell asleep. It was so sweet and I wouldn't mind that if it happened every night. I love that little boy. He has no idea how much I love him.

No comments: