Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Turning Doorknobs and Saying Mica

Hello! Well, this week has been a good week so far. Thadeus started K2 Monday. Yep, he moved up to the two year old room. There are 14 children in there and two teachers. Jerime said on his first day Thad sort of clung to him but then he saw all the kids and ran off to play. (tear)
He also started wearing pull-ups. Am I ready for this? No, not really but this will force me to force him to start pottying like a big boy. He is scared of "going potty." I know it's only been two days but I've started using the same terminology that the school uses so he understands he must also try to potty at home. Today, I put him on the potty twice. He sat there pretty seriously as he did not potty. I'm hoping I can find some generic pull-ups. We plan to get Thad a potty for his upcoming birthday.
Today, we got home from school and our normal routine is to let Mica (our maltese) out of her room. Today we got home and Thadeus pointed to Mica and said Mica! I couldn't get him to say it again.
He still calls me nana instead of mama....not sure where that came from. Sometimes he will call me mama, but most of the time it's nana. Do I continue to call myself mama or do I say nana. I think Nana is pretty cute....but don't want him to get laughed at by his friends either...
Today, he started turning door knobs. WEIRD! Yep, he went to the linen closet in the hallway, turned it, opened it and looked at me like, Look What I Did!!
This is so much information for me to process...but I love it.

4 comments:

Dana said...

YOu are too funny!!! YOu are quite the first time mom. If I were you though I would keep referring to yourself as mama though. Eventually he will get it. I don't know how you can handle seeing him go to preschool. I just put my #5 on the bus this morning for Kindergarten and cried. Thad will bring you so many firsts you will be amazed!!Have fun watching it all unfold.

The Boys and Me said...

Great story of first day at school, words, potty, etc. We're finding out that parenting is a lot of surprises also. But like you said, we love it!

The Longnecker Zoo said...

We found cheap pull-ups at Sam's. They even have trucks on them. Be prepared with a boy to wait FOREVER for the complete potty-trainning thing. Good luck.
I am with Dana. Keep calling yourself Mama.

random mama thoughts said...

ew... thanks allison. I will try the sams diapers if i can join..

I will continue to call myself mama too!