Thursday, June 23, 2011

go-cart fun (sort of)




So, my dad (thanks PawPaw) bought Thadeus a go-cart. Yes, yes, I am so thankful that my dad is so happy to finally have a BOY (now two thanks to those awesome Buffington genes) but I am not so happy to see this go-cart.
We purchased a helmet--so he will probably be rocking that out soon...but this past weekend for Father's Day, we went to my Dad's house...and there was that go-cart. Instantly, Thadeus said, "Mama, did PawPaw get that for me?" Now believe me when I say this--I DID NOT tell him about the go cart. My dad doesn't believe me I don't think..
We left the helmet at the house--(Thadeus still hasn't seen it) but decided he just had to ride it anyway. I really think he likes it. The photo I took with my phone is a great Father's Day memory. Jerime rode him slowly--then I did...It is very shaky and VERY hard to steer which gives me a very better feeling because I don't want him driving that thing any time soon.
That night, it was late, Thadeus and I were snuggling on the couch before bedtime and Thadeus says, "mama, thank you for letting me ride that go-cart." I said, "you're welcome baby." He says, "but we didn't bring it here." I said, "I know baby. That go-cart is for PawPaw's." He said, "Well, I wanna bring it here." and I just had to tell him that this was something special for PawPaw's only....

Max also did something out of the ordinary this weekend. We also celebrated Father's Day with Jerime's parents. We ate supper (fish and fries and coleslaw), and the boys got wound up after eating, like always...Max balled up both fists, looked at me, gritted his teeth and said "wapeemee? wapeemee?" which we deciphered as "you want a piece of me?" What the heck...? These boys never cease to amaze me.

No comments: